Saturday Things And Stuff And Market Menu Explanation.
This is what is going down this weekend:
Music Festival Taco Status:
As a few of you have heard, we aren’t going to be at that big downtown music festival, and I apologize for not being able to serve you your favorite tacos whilst you enjoy many hours of live music. It was a decision that was regrettable to have to make, but all the same it was the direction we had to go. We hope that they will entertain us as a food vendor next year. And that you do not hold our decision against us because we are still at the…
Down Town Farmers Market:
As most of you reading this know, we are at the Des Moines Farmers Market every Saturday from the hours of 7 am to noon, just south of Court Avenue on 2nd. At our booth you will find our signature hand pressed corn tortilla tacos in an array of flavors which I will share with you in a moment, and also the BREAKFAST THING, our answer to your early morning Market Stomp foodular needs. What is a breakfast thing? We figured you would ask, everyone does, and we are more than happy to answer. On the internet.
The BREAKFAST THING starts off with a Quesadilla of sorts, made of two corn tortillas and chihauhau cheese. It is then topped with scrambled eggs and more cheese, then with the taco toppings of your choice. Can you get more than one topping? Absolutely. Can you get more than one Breakfast Thing? Go for it, although it is a hero’s quest to eat more than one in a sitting.
So what do we have in store for you for flavors for this week? Here it is, we have a few new items in store and have left some of our standby flavors at home for the weekend. This is the lineup:
- Braised Pork – Slow cooked Pork Shoulder, just like Mama used to make. If you are from Texas on south.
- Vegan Chorizo – Our award winning soy based sausage made with mushroom, tvp, and our house blend of chorizo spices.
- Potato Poblano – Cumin roasted potatoes intermingled with grilled Poblano peppers and onions. Topped with Adobo Crema and Spicy Slaw
- Korean Chicken – Korean Spiced chicken breast served with a spicy mayo and spicy slaw
- Chorizo Verde – Our fresh garden chorizo made with lean ground pork, cilantro, peppers, spinach, and love.
- Tripas – Our first ever offering of Taco De Tripas, Tacopocalypse style. Crispy fried Tripe with a Lime/onion/cilantro relish.
SATURDAY NIGHT WE ARE SERVING OUR FULL MENU AT BOMBAY BICYCLE CLUB INCLUDING GAZPACHO, THAI SHRIMP CEVICHE, AND OUR SIGNATURE NACHOS. JOIN US FOR THE A SATURDAY NIGHT PARTY DOWN GOOD TIME!
That is what we have going on this weekend. WE HOPE TO SEE YOU AT ONE OR ALL OF OUR EVENTS!