Tonight we will be returning to Madrid after a short weather related hiatus. It looks like the call for gloom and doom tonight may, once again, a figment of our weather guessers’ imaginations and that things should be all clear for a ride (or drive) up to the Flat Tire Lounge for some taco love and $7 pitchers of New Belgium Brewing Fat Tire. Tonight we will have what has become the four staples: Braised Pork, Vegan Chorizo, Bacon Chorizo, and Korean Chicken (which has become wildly popular). Tacos start at 3 and go to 10 (or if and when we run out, which shouldn’t be a problem). Come get Rad with us tonight.
No time for extraneous paragraphs of nonsense today! Here is what we will be serving starting at 4 pm this afternoon in lovely Madrid, Iowa at the Flat Tire Lounge.
- Braised Pork – It’s like carnitas on taste enhancing drugs.
- Cabesa – Our beer braised beef cheeks. Again, we use Peace Tree Brewing Red Rambler in these tender cheeks. wait…can I say that?
- Bacon Chorizo – It’s chorizo spiced hand minced applewood smoked bacon. You have been asking for it, Madrid, and it’s back
- Potato Poblano – This is the fourth version which includes Cumin dusted roasted Yukon Gold potatoes, poblano peppers, onions, and is topped with an Adobo Crema (like an acidified chipotle sour cream) and our new SPICY PURPLE SLAW. It slays, and is now vegetarian. (if you want, we can toss a few chunks of bacon chorizo on top in case you miss the bacon in our past versions)
- Home made Roja and Verde salsas, fresh Jalapenos, cilantro, and onion.
We will be there soon! See you there, don’t believe the weather hype. It looks to be a great evening.
You may have witnessed a few of our special Tacopocalypse trips up to see our friends at the Flat Tire Lounge in Madrid, Iowa during the course of last “winter” and wondered “how can we get this kind of fun stuff on a regular basis up in the High Trestle Trail neck of the woods?” Here is the answer:
We have paired up with the Flat Tire Lounge to provide Tacopocalypse Tacos to you EVERY THURSDAY EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY! That’s right, every Thursday (even this Thursday) you can ride your bike (or take whatever transportation you choose) to the FTL in Madrid for some tacos. We plan on starting around 3 pm, although the time could change to 2 or to 4 depending on your demand and travel times. We are always open to suggestion.
One of my favorite spots in the state. I love this bridge.
So…we will see you this Thursday in Madrid for some wild taco action, and when the tacos are done there may be a 10pm ride to the HTT Bridge to hang out with the staff! Oh yeah!