Taco and Brunch lovers, prepare for this Sunday when your two favorite things are driven full force at each other in a crazy game of “Chicken” resulting in a wicked crashing together of terms which will end up forming into ONE TERM which will be standing on the side of the road thumbing for a ride into your bellies. BRUNCHPOCALYPSE is upon us….er…you?
(Translation: we are serving brunch this coming Sunday at AJ’s On East Court at E 4th and Court Avenue. Aj’s has been kind enough to host a brunch event so that you, the taco and Sunday funday lovers out there enjoy both. This is our first brunch, and if you all like it this time, it will most likely become a regular event. You dig?)
The beer cooler at AJ's, they serve 80+ flavors of beer, including the Chef's Choice, PBR Talls.
I have been meaning to get a menu posted for this weekend, but have been running into snag after snag. Today is no different. We had a little incident of Van-dalism which has caused a few problems today, but here is the basic “gist” of what will be served up on Sunday:
AJ’s will be serving up killer Bloody Mary and Mimosas (I have heard that they are going to be XXL) and have a $1.50 domestic bottle special that is going all day. That means during brunch also.
Tacopocalypse tacos served on hand-made corn tortillas and topped with our signature slaw flavors include:
- Braised Pork – our take on the classic carnitas. We have been told it is “waaaaay better” than carnitas.
- Vegan Chorizo – Tacopocalypse Vegan Chorizo is very traditional-tasting blend of soy, spices, and vegetables. But “waaaay better”
- Wasabi Brisket – I had some other ideas, but the WB is so popular that I was practically threatened into serving it at brunch.
- Spiced Tofu Scramble – Get your tofu scramble from the guy who was the first to put tofu scramble on Des Moines menus. Still the best.
- Bacon Chorizo – It’s a morning thing, so we were like “duh, bacon chorizo” I know, good description. Chorizo made from only bacon.
- Korean Chicken – with spicy mayo and kimchi….um…yummm.
- Potato and Pepper – cumin dusted roast potatoes with peppers and onions….maybe even get some egg up on there…
AND WE WILL BE SERVING THE BREAKFAST THING! Two corn tortillas sandwiched around melted Chihuahua cheese topped with eggs, more cheese, your choice of taco toppings, and slaw! I was once told by a person after trying their first BREAKFAST THING “why didn’t you make me eat one of these before? Dammit!” and hit me on the arm. I guess that means it is good. er.
Vegan chorizo Breakfast Thing
We have also promised a few new items, but we are going to be leaving that for a Saturday announcement. The details have not been worked out quite yet due to…things. (like fixing slashed tires)
Sunday, March 11. 11am to 3pm
AJ’s On East Court, 419 East Court Avenue
Des Moines, Iowa 50309